Lulu B Rae

Poor communication

Not sure if its salon service Pro or hotheads problem that the store has very little inventory the girls that work there cannot answer questions if theyre getting more inventory of hotheads like the tools and things you need to attach the extensions.. All they say at the store is you guys are repackaging and its making it slower to have them deliver to their store???

Preferred solution: Answers on my question ,

map-marker Oak Creek, Wisconsin

Waste of money

This was unfortunately my first and only time getting extensions. I had cut my hair and was growing it out again and it was at that awkward chin length that just doesnt look good on me.

I wanted sew ins but my salon didnt offer them. They only offered these so I thought I would give it a try. I spent over $700 on these extensions. They looked really nice on me when my stylist put them in.

After the first 2 days, they looked frizzy and and I couldnt get them to curl nice like my stylist had them. They were so heavy when I washed my hair and it took a long time to brush and dry my hair. I only washed my hair twice per week and after the first week I was noticing residue from the adhesive running down on my scalp from the extensions. I was allergic to the adhesive and my scalp itched so bad all the time.

I probably looked like I had lice to other people. But it was the extensions. After 2 weeks of having them they started sliding out of my hair leaving a trial of sticky, gummy, adhesive all over my natural hair. They weighed down my hair so much and were uncomfortable.

After about a month of having them, they all completely came out. I was told these would last 6 months. After that I decided I wouldnt try extensions again unless they were sew ins. But I had already wasted so much money on these that I just let my natural hair grow out.

Now its long enough that I dont need extensions.

If you want extensions, please dont get these or any tape ins for that matter. Invest in sew ins instead.

User's recommendation: Don’t waste your money get sew ins instead

map-marker Watertown, Connecticut

Helping others not waste their money

Hotheads - Helping others not waste their money
These extensions are horrible. Paid hundreds of dollars and they were complete trash before even one move up. They get tangled, have split ends, are rough and look like crap.

User's recommendation: Don’t buy this brand!

map-marker Lawrenceburg, Indiana

These are AWFUL

Hotheads - These are AWFUL
Do not buy this hair!!! My hair stylist kept lying to me saying it was me and the way I take care of them!! NOOOO they are disgusting, mushy, dry, frizzy, breakage is awful. I went to someone else and ordered a new brand Ive paid such good money for these and after 9 wks half the hair was falling out in clumps, strings everywhere!!! These are seriously awful do not waist your money!!!

User's recommendation: Do not buy these!!!!

map-marker Abilene, Texas

Just got them

Terrible. They are very dry, and look stringy. Im so unhappy with this product. The extension started to shred and fall out the week I had them I would not recommend this to anybody. When I buy my hair, its like an investment and I would never buy these again. I usually wear my regular extensions for at least a year. These will probably make maybe four months.! Angry
map-marker Norfolk, Nebraska

Noooooo

I have used Aqua hair tape ins for 12 years. I decided to give hotheads a try. They are awful! Extremely frizzy, tangle easily and just plain gross! I will be going Back to the Aqua brand.

User's recommendation: Do not buy

Mindy P Ilm

Horrible experience

Beyond disappointed with the customer service of this company !!! Paid good money and the quality was beyond horrible. Reached out for customer service and did not get a response for over a month and when I finally did it was past my warranty so they will not honor it !!!
Loss:
Cons:
  • Poor quality

Preferred solution: A replacement

User's recommendation: Do not use them find another brand

Lisa B Ahz

REFUND

They're very thin shedding and extremely frizzy, fried, dried out. I bought straight sew in extensions however, when I wash them they are very frizzy and won't keep a curl.

Not to mention I bought straight hair because my hair is straight these when wet are very wavey. So when you blow dry them they get very frizzy and honestly look like *** Extremely disappointed with the quality and want my money back. I'm contacting my hair dresser tomorrow because after spending $1000 dollars on these I'm beyond not happy. I liked my Bellami extensions more.

There is absolutely no way this is real Remy hair... DO NOT PURCHASED

Loss:
Cons:
  • Two many to list

User's recommendation: Don't purchase

User's recommendation: Absolutely NOT

Karen K Ute

Verified Buyer

| map-marker Santa Fe Springs, California

My hair is …. The worst crap I have seen.

Hotheads - My hair is …. The worst crap I have seen.
Hotheads - My hair is …. The worst crap I have seen. - Image 2
Hotheads - My hair is …. The worst crap I have seen. - Image 3
Hotheads - My hair is …. The worst crap I have seen. - Image 4
First looked great. Washed once. Garbage. Frizzy, fried, dried out garbage. I have honestly never had such horrible hair. I couldnt even have fried my own hair to this level. Apparently there is many, many better places to buy. Why?? Would you sell this? I never review. But Ill pass this on to google and yelp.
Loss:
Cons:
  • Bad hair

Preferred solution: Full refund

User's recommendation: Do. Not. Buy.

Guest

Same happened to me. Extensions garbage. Split end and dried out within a week

Summer F Rpz

| map-marker Lexington, South Carolina

AWFUL HAIR

Hotheads - AWFUL HAIR

This is the WORST company for Hair Extensions!!! Had these extensions for not even 3mths and did everything correct with them.

Washing them once weekly, etc. My hair extensions look like a rat chewed them! Had them moved up this past Saturday for my wedding on 12/10/22. They are SO DRY, ROUGH, the ends are like SEE THROUGH and I'm in tears!

THIS HAIR COST ME $600.00 for 2 packs and this is what it looks like after not even 3mths?!?!?! I'm now trying to find a different salon that offers a dfferent brand of extensions that could them for my wedding (in 4days away).

This companies hair is AWFUL QUALITY!

They need to reimburse their customers for selling such an AWFUL product and Charging SO MUCH for hair that is not TRUE REMY! No WAY THIS IS TRUE REMY.

Preferred solution: Full refund

User's recommendation: STEER CLEAR of HOT HEADS!

Xmmmmz

| map-marker Wilmington, Delaware

Help with the distributor and the salon in Wilmington Delaware

I was driving very far to get Hott Headzz put in. They were tape in extensions the day of my appointment they asked me to come in early that day.

And when I was driving north, they called and said that the extensions were not there and they could not do my appointment, I had taken out my own extensions and was left in a predicament. I continued to drive north my beautician did my color and put my own extensions back in. They have a problem with their distributor and a manager said she found the color melts that I wanted and acted like it was a big deal to get from the distributor. Im not sure I want to get a color thats going to be a problem to get from a distributor and have my appointments canceled literally while Im driving to the appointment in the future , so I decided to call your company directly to find out how all of this is supposed to work or find a different salon.

If I decide to go with Hot Heads and not a different brand because of the problems Ive had.

I am actually driving home right now so Im not sure if this message even makes sense please have someone call me at 302-270-****. My name is Laura Hudson .

Pros:
  • Told it was great product
Cons:
  • Seem to have a major distribution problem with products advertise tape in extension colors advertised

Preferred solution: I wanted to try that. But if it’s going to be a problem with distribution of advertised hair extension colors, I would like to use a different company I need honesty.

User's recommendation: Company seems to have a distribution problem of having products available that they advertise

Ricahrd Pfe
map-marker Pasadena, California

Disappointed longstanding Customer

I have been using Hotheads tape-in extensions for ten years. They were a great product that has gradually gotten worse year after year. I admit I have been too lazy to seek out alternatives, but now I will as they are simply not worth the money and there are far too many new "kids on the block" that have far superior products and some for considerable less cost.
Loss:
Pros:
  • Week one very good
Cons:
  • Knotting and falling off tapes
  • Beyond week one hair is damaged

Emilie T Pbw

| map-marker Phenix City, Alabama

Rate hair

Hotheads - Rate hair
The worst hair extensions ever!!! My hand weft just fell apart! I paid a lot of money and had them installed. They fell apart with a week.

Preferred solution: Full refund

User's recommendation: Do not buy!

Christine S Piu

| map-marker Bonney Lake, Washington

All my hair broke off after having hotheads hair topper and extensions put in

Went to lounge 9 in Bonney lake and paid 900 to have a hotheads topper and extensions put in , not zero weeks later several extensions had fallen out and the topper was loose. I went in to have it fixed and was told they would have to remove them to reinstall. But when removed my hair went with them. Its been almost 3 yrs and my hair hadnt grown back. Having to wear wigs is a life changer. Ive always wanted to try extensions and the one time I can afford them I lose all my hair.

Preferred solution: Full refund

User's recommendation: Make sure the stylist knows what they are doing and not in a hurry

Marisa T Idi

Unsatisfied

Terrible customer service!!! Terrible hair! I have only used hair two times its shedding and knotting. Replaces tape and extension weft ripped in half. Customer service isnt trying to do anything not even replace the hair. STAY FAR AWY FROM THiS BRAND

About

Summary

Hot Heads Hair Extensions is a company specializing on hair extensions. Hotheads’ avoids heat and machines’ usage. Motto of the company is: "No Heat, No tools. No Damage". Hot Heads works only with human hair which can be used up to 3 times. Clients can wear extended hair from 8 to 10 weeks. For customers, who want to add a bright accent to the hair, Hotheads offers snappies. These are synthetic strands of hair presented in 10 colors such as green, yellow, red and others. Snappies are easy to remove and can be worn up to 3 weeks. There is a special Hot Heads Wetline which was created to care about extended hair. Shampoos, conditioners, keratin masks are included into Hot Heads Wetline.

Hotheads reviews and complaints

Hotheads is ranked 151 out of 514 in Beauty Supplies and Equipment category

Area Served

USA

Payment Methods

MasterCard

Why Trust Reviews on PissedConsumer?

• Professional auto and live moderation
  • 100% user-generated content
  • Equal opportunity and protection
  • Zero tolerance for fake reviews
  • Verified content
  • PissedConsumer is on the Inc. 5000 list

For more information read Blog article